Firefighters called to TOWIE Mick's house

Brentwood Weekly News: Kirk and Mick Norcross Kirk and Mick Norcross

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze at the home of Sugar Hut boss Mick Norcross.

Former The Only Way is Essex star, and Mick's son, Kirk took to Twitter after the fire to thank firefighters for "saving his life" after they rescued him.

The 24-year-old woke to find a fire had broken out in the bathroom of his Dad's Bulphan home yesterday afternoon and attempted to tackle it himself.

Firefighters were called to the house at 2.50pm and they gave Kirk oxygen treatment after he suffered from the effects of smoke inhalation.

Kirk added on Twitter: "Got woke up to my Dad's house on fire. Tried my best to put it out.

"Thanks Mr fireman for saving my life."

TOWIE star Mick said: "Thanks for the support regarding the fire at my home.

"Not good coming home to smoke out the roof."

Later he added: "Thanks again for the support, at least no one was hurt. Only material, it can all be fixed."

Tony Clark, assistant divisional fire officer, said: "The fire appears to have been started accidentally by a pile of towels stacked on a shelf too close to a down-lighter in the ceiling.

"The man had inhaled some smoke and was given oxygen therapy by firefighters and then checked over by ambulance crews.

"By the time we left the scene he seemed to be OK."

The fire was contained to the bathroom of Mick's detached house.

Firefighters used a powered saw and axes to cut away the ceiling to make sure no hot-spots remained in the roof void.

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:31pm Wed 25 Apr 12

billericay boy says...

These guys have had such bad luck, 1st the sugar hut was burnt down now there house lets hope it dose not come in 3s and the grand in Southend burns down. As long as nobody was hurt that's the main thing.
These guys have had such bad luck, 1st the sugar hut was burnt down now there house lets hope it dose not come in 3s and the grand in Southend burns down. As long as nobody was hurt that's the main thing. billericay boy
  • Score: 0

10:01pm Wed 25 Apr 12

v.randy says...

at least they managed to save their suits
at least they managed to save their suits v.randy
  • Score: 0

11:22am Thu 26 Apr 12

The Cater Wood Creeper says...

The man had inhaled some smoke


pass the cutchie on the left hand side
[quote]The man had inhaled some smoke[/quote] pass the cutchie on the left hand side The Cater Wood Creeper
  • Score: 0

9:38am Fri 27 Apr 12

Ian P says...

billericay boy wrote:
These guys have had such bad luck, 1st the sugar hut was burnt down now there house lets hope it dose not come in 3s and the grand in Southend burns down. As long as nobody was hurt that's the main thing.
The Grand Hotel had a fire back in the eighties, so based on the theory lighting does not strike twice in the same place, it should be safe from their bad luck.
[quote][p][bold]billericay boy[/bold] wrote: These guys have had such bad luck, 1st the sugar hut was burnt down now there house lets hope it dose not come in 3s and the grand in Southend burns down. As long as nobody was hurt that's the main thing.[/p][/quote]The Grand Hotel had a fire back in the eighties, so based on the theory lighting does not strike twice in the same place, it should be safe from their bad luck. Ian P
  • Score: 0

1:29pm Fri 27 Apr 12

The Cater Wood Creeper says...

Ian P wrote:
billericay boy wrote: These guys have had such bad luck, 1st the sugar hut was burnt down now there house lets hope it dose not come in 3s and the grand in Southend burns down. As long as nobody was hurt that's the main thing.
The Grand Hotel had a fire back in the eighties, so based on the theory lighting does not strike twice in the same place, it should be safe from their bad luck.
Southend Pier might disagree with the theory...
[quote][p][bold]Ian P[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billericay boy[/bold] wrote: These guys have had such bad luck, 1st the sugar hut was burnt down now there house lets hope it dose not come in 3s and the grand in Southend burns down. As long as nobody was hurt that's the main thing.[/p][/quote]The Grand Hotel had a fire back in the eighties, so based on the theory lighting does not strike twice in the same place, it should be safe from their bad luck.[/p][/quote]Southend Pier might disagree with the theory... The Cater Wood Creeper
  • Score: 0

11:09am Wed 2 May 12

zervos1 says...

Guess it saves Thurrock Council having to inforce the various planning Infringements on the property.
Guess it saves Thurrock Council having to inforce the various planning Infringements on the property. zervos1
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree