Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting BWNNEWS to 80360 or email us »
William Hunter Way development "could still happen"
2:30pm Wednesday 4th December 2013 in Local news
COUNCIL bosses insist a multi-million pound development could go ahead - despite a adeadline day being missed for a FOURTH time.
Brentwood Council said the longstop date, a deadline for details to be finalised with developers Stockland, for William Hunter Way is likely to pass on Saturday without an agreement being reached.
Previous deadlines have been missed in June 2010, December 2011 and December last year for the project including a cinema, shops, multi-storey car park and flats.
Council leader Louise McKinlay said: “We have all got to look at the details which have been in negotiation for some time.
“It would be too premature to say now whether it will be going ahead or not, but if it does then it must be the right deal for Brentwood.”
Lib Dem group leader Barry Aspinell thinks the plans should be rethought altogther.
Mr Aspinell said: “It is down to the administration to deliver on what has been their flagship promise.
“I personally think the whole thing should be stopped and we should go back to the drawing board and get something the people in Brentwood actually want.”