Rangers players are set to find out whether they will be axed as part of cost-cutting measures or whether their jobs are safe for now.
Administrators Duff and Phelps said an announcement on staffing levels could be made on Friday, amid speculation that a number of first-team regulars could be heading for the Ibrox exit door.
So far, director of football Gordon Smith and chief operating officer Ali Russell have been the only casualties of the administration process after their departures were confirmed last Thursday.
A statement from the administrators on Thursday read: "Duff and Phelps, the administrators of Rangers Football Club, advise all media there will be no announcement today (Thursday) in relation to staffing levels in any department of the club.
"Discussions are ongoing regarding potential cost-saving measures and announcements will be made at the earliest opportunity, most likely tomorrow (Friday)."
Rangers owner Craig Whyte claims he has "enormous sympathy" for those who will lose their jobs.
But he insists the painful administration process - and any redundancies as a result - is necessary to make the Scottish champions stronger in the long term.
Whyte told STV: "Clearly I've got enormous sympathy for anyone who's losing their job in this process.
"But, what I would say is, that Rangers were a company in enormous financial distress long before I came along.
"This is part of solving the problem to make Rangers a stronger business when it comes out of administration, which we are all working very hard to do."